from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Leather with a soft napped surface.
- n. Fabric made to resemble suede.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of soft leather, made from calfskin, with a brushed texture to resemble fabric, often used to make boots, clothing and fashion accessories.
- adj. Made of suede
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Swedish glove leather, -- usually made from lambskins tanned with willow bark. Also used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Of undressed kid: said of gloves; also, undressed kid.
- Of undressed kid: said of gloves.
- n. Undressed kid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. leather with a napped surface
- n. a fabric made to resemble suede leather
Short for Suède gloves, from French gants de Suède, gloves of Sweden, from Suède, Sweden.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French (gants de) Suède ("(gloves of) Sweden") (Wiktionary)