from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Architecture A series of columns placed at regular intervals.
- n. Architecture A structure composed of columns placed at regular intervals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A series of columns at regular intervals.
- n. peristyle
- n. portico, stoa
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A series or range of columns placed at regular intervals with all the adjuncts, as entablature, stylobate, roof, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, any series or range of columns placed at certain intervals, called intercolumniations, from one another, such intervals varying according to the requirements of art and utility, and of the order employed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a structure composed of a series of arches supported by columns
- n. structure consisting of a row of evenly spaced columns
French, alteration of colonnate, from Italian colonnato, from colonna, column, from Latin columna.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French colonnade. (Wiktionary)