from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A corridor in a building.
- n. An entrance hall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A corridor in a building that connects rooms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an interior passage or corridor in a building, onto which rooms open.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An entrance-hall or a passage between rooms in a dwelling or other building.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open
Sorry, no etymologies found.