from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A way allowing passage, especially a corridor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A covered walkway, between rooms or buildings.
- n. Any way for passing in, out or through something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A way for passage; a hall. See passage, 5.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A passage; a road, avenue, path, or way affording means of communication; avenue of entrance or exit; street, alley, gallery, or corridor.
- n. A hall.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a passage between rooms or between buildings
- n. a path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass
passage + way (Wiktionary)