American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or process of revealing or uncovering.
- n. Something uncovered; a revelation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disclosing; a making known or revealing; discovery; exposure; exhibition.
- n. That which is disclosed or made known: as, his disclosures were reduced to writing.
- n. The hatching of the young from the egg, as in birds and reptiles, or the escape of insects from the pupa-case.
- n. The act of revealing something.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of disclosing, uncovering, or revealing; bringing to light; exposure.
- n. That which is disclosed or revealed.
- n. the speech act of making something evident
- From Latin dis-+clausus, literally away+enclosed. (Wiktionary)
“• George Osborne moving away from pay disclosure• Vince Cable backs disclosure, saying 'transparency is key'• Sir David Walker says government should not adopt his reforms”
“In my view, his disclosure is a valuable educational service to the coin collecting community.”
“This disclosure is about the truth," he said at a news conference.”
“Things like that are part of what they call disclosure.”
“U.S. Bankruptcy Court Monday urging the judge in the case to keep Picard's lawsuit under seal, at least while settlement talks are ongoing, despite what they called the disclosure of confidential information from the lawsuit to the media.”
“That disclosure comes from a recent survey by Retrevo, a web site that amalgamates consumer electronics product reviews.”
“In other forms of insurance, disclosure is required for pricing and pooling, etc., but does health insurance?”
““In other forms of insurance, disclosure is required for pricing and pooling, etc., but does health insurance””
“The exception litigated below was 2702 (b) (3), which says that disclosure is allowed: with the lawful consent of the originator or an addressee or intended recipient of such communication, or the subscriber in the case of remote computing service;”
“The penalty for unlawful disclosure is a fine of up to $250,000 or imprisonment of up to 5 years, or both.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘disclosure’.
additionality, audit trail, accounting standards, auditing standards, general audit obj..., a posteriori audit, a priori audit, above board, acceptable error ..., access rights, accountability, accountable entities and 1283 more...
Unabashedly stolen from a comment made by courier12.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
AKA "capital requirements directive"
capital requireme..., single rule-book, goldplating, capital buffers, comply or explain, European Systemic..., disclosure, lender of last re..., tangible assets, counterparty cred..., asset, default waterfall... and 4 more...
All my favourite words that I come across!
Various words that deal with communicating, listed here mostly 'cause I wanted them off my default list.
Looking for tweets for disclosure.