from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of realizing or the condition of being realized.
- n. The result of realizing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of realizing; an act of figuring out or becoming aware.
- n. The act of realizing; the act of making real.
- n. The result of an artistic effort.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of realizing, or the state of being realized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bringing or coming into real existence or manifestation, as of something conceived or imagined: as, the realization of a project.
- n. Perception of the reality or real existence of something; a realizing sense or feeling: as, the realization of one's danger.
- n. The act of realizing upon something; conversion into money or its equivalent; exchange of property for its money value.
- n. The act of converting money into land or real estate.
- n. Also spelled realisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. coming to understand something clearly and distinctly
- n. a musical composition that has been completed or enriched by someone other than the composer
- n. making real or giving the appearance of reality
- n. the completion or enrichment of a piece of music left sparsely notated by a composer
- n. something that is made real or concrete
- n. a sale in order to obtain money (as a sale of stock or a sale of the estate of a bankrupt person) or the money so obtained
Sorry, no etymologies found.