from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A musical composition that has been orchestrated.
- n. Arrangement of music for performance by an orchestra.
- n. Arrangement or control: orchestration of events.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the arrangement of music for performance by an orchestra
- n. a composition that has been orchestrated
- n. the control of diverse elements
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The arrangement of music for an orchestra; orchestral treatment of a composition; -- called also instrumentation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, the act, process, science, or result of composing or arranging music for an orchestra; instrumentation.
- n. Figuratively, a harmonious arrangement as of colors in painting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an arrangement of events that attempts to achieve a maximum effect
- n. an arrangement of a piece of music for performance by an orchestra or band
- n. the act of arranging a piece of music for an orchestra and assigning parts to the different musical instruments
Sorry, no etymologies found.