Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of working together; united labor, especially in literary or scientific work.
- n. uncountable The act of collaborating.
- n. countable A production or creation made by collaborating.
- n. uncountable Treasonous cooperation.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of working together; united labor.
- n. the act of willingly cooperating with an enemy, especially an enemy nation occupying one's own country.
- n. act of working jointly
- n. act of cooperating traitorously with an enemy that is occupying your country
- Originated 1855–60 from French collaboration, from Late Latin collaboratus + French -ion, from Latin con- ("with") + labōrō ("work"). (Wiktionary)
“For me the ultimate adventure in collaboration is the use of feedback loops.”
“The cornerstone of the collaboration is the promotion of national “Watch Parties” for the series premiere on Monday, May 31 at 10: 30 PM ET/PT on VH1.”
“This collaboration is an example of a multidisciplinary research that promises to deliver new kinds of innovations that weren't possible in the past.”
“This collaboration is the first to bring together evidence from all regions of the skeleton, and offers a well-supported perspective on the structure of the earliest part of the primate family tree," Bloch said.”
“One example of this collaboration is the Frontier Crisis Response Strategy Group being formed here.”
“Intimately involved in the collaboration is the Government of Canada through an inspired programme called Technology Partnerships Canada (TPC), as well as the Province of Ontario.”
“This is something that I can see as a potential long term relationship rather than a short term collaboration.”
“The Times cited what it called collaboration between militant environmentalists and anarchists on a series of demonstrations, which it said are being promoted with such slogans as "Storm the Banks" and "Bash a Banker." (c) UPI”
“Also, I would think this kind of collaboration is hard for novelist since most of you seem to work alone and can do whatever you want with your stories.”
“I remembered that the Robinson/Heinlein "collaboration" was coming out soon.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘collaboration’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
broker a peace ac..., client state, deadlocked peace ..., embassy, freeze, goodwill ambassador, hinterland, interfere in dome..., intervene personally, maintain technica..., mediation, no business as usual and 670 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words and collocations associated with political scandal
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
Significant Words- Guiding you on your path to Snazzibility
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for collaboration.