from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being a partner.
- n. A legal contract entered into by two or more persons in which each agrees to furnish a part of the capital and labor for a business enterprise, and by which each shares a fixed proportion of profits and losses.
- n. The persons bound by such a contract.
- n. A relationship between individuals or groups that is characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility, as for the achievement of a specified goal: Neighborhood groups formed a partnership to fight crime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being associated with a partner.
- n. An association of two or more people to conduct a business,
- n. The period when two specific batsmen are batting, from the fall of one wicket until the fall of the next; the number of runs scored during this period,
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or condition of being a partner
- n. A division or sharing among partners; joint possession or interest.
- n. An alliance or association of persons for the prosecution of an undertaking or a business on joint account; a company; a firm; a house.
- n. A contract between two or more competent persons for joining together their money, goods, labor, and skill, or any or all of them, under an understanding that there shall be a communion of profit between them, and for the purpose of carrying on a legal trade, business, or adventure.
- n. See Fellowship, n., 6.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being a partner; joint interest; participation with another.
- n. Specifically In law, the relation subsisting between persons who combine their services, property, and credit for the purpose of conducting business for their joint benefit.
- n. The contract creating the relation of partners.
- n. A rule in arithmetic. See fellowship
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a contract between two or more persons who agree to pool talent and money and share profits or losses
- n. a cooperative relationship between people or groups who agree to share responsibility for achieving some specific goal
- n. the members of a business venture created by contract
From partner + -ship. (Wiktionary)