from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To have to do with or relate to: an article that concerns the plight of homeless people.
- transitive v. To be of interest or importance to: This problem concerns all of us.
- transitive v. To engage the attention of; involve: We concerned ourselves with accomplishing the task at hand.
- transitive v. To cause anxiety or uneasiness in: The firm's weak financial posture is starting to concern its stockholders.
- intransitive v. Obsolete To be of importance.
- n. A matter that relates to or affects one. See Synonyms at affair.
- n. Regard for or interest in someone or something.
- n. A troubled or anxious state of mind arising from solicitude or interest. See Synonyms at anxiety.
- n. A business establishment or enterprise; a firm.
- n. A contrivance; a gadget.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which affects one's welfare or happiness
- n. The expression of solicitude, anxiety, or compassion toward a thing or person.
- n. A business, firm or enterprise; a company.
- v. To be of importance to.
- v. To make somebody worried.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which relates or belongs to one; business; affair.
- n. That which affects the welfare or happiness; interest; moment.
- n. Interest in, or care for, any person or thing; regard; solicitude; anxiety.
- n. Persons connected in business; a firm and its business.
- intransitive v. To be of importance.
- transitive v. To relate or belong to; to have reference to or connection with; to affect the interest of; to be of importance to.
- transitive v. To engage by feeling or sentiment; to interest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To relate or pertain to; have an intimate relation to or connection with.
- To affect the interest of; have interest for; be of importance to.
- To interest; busy; occupy; engage: used reflexively or in the passive voice: as, to concern one's self in the affairs of others; I was not concerned in that transaction.
- To disturb; make uneasy or anxious; cause disquiet to; trouble: generally in the past participle: as, to be deeply concerned about the safety of a friend.
- To confuse with drink; slightly intoxicate: in the past participle.
- Synonyms To interest, touch, affect.
- n. That which relates or pertains to one; matter of concernment; business; affair.
- n. Interest; matter of importance; that which affects one's welfare or happiness.
- n. Solicitous regard; solicitude; anxiety; agitation or uneasiness of mind; disturbed state of feeling; trouble.
- n. An establishment or firm for the transaction of business; a manufacturing or commercial establishment; a business house.
- n. A material object, especially one that is complicated or large; a contrivance: with a touch of depreciation.
- n. Synonyms Solicitude, etc. (see care); Concern at, about, for (see unconcerned); carefulness, thoughtfulness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness
- v. be on the mind of
- n. a feeling of sympathy for someone or something
- n. an anxious feeling
- n. something that interests you because it is important or affects you
- v. be relevant to
- n. a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it
The republicans main concern is how to make the country fail under Obama.
If your main concern is social networking, Flock is the internet browser for you.
How To Stick Out In A Crowded InternetIf you have a blog, then you know that your main concern is to get people to the web site and you want them to comment.
One main concern is where to store all that atomic waste produced by nuclear fission.
MARTIN: One more thing I wanted to ask you about, if you're a single head of household and your main concern is to take care of your children but they are minors, what do you do?
My main concern is that the Payneistas use this sort of silliness to argue against environmental regulations that might well help us all.
So for the people pushing this the main concern is not national defence, but jobs in their districs.
If the main concern is for everyone in American to have healthcare coverage, we have a bigger problem.
If you have a blog, then you know that your main concern is to get people to the web site and you want them to comment.
But my main concern is just that the audience remains the same no matter the Stargate incarnation.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.