from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A room, area, or small establishment where manual or light industrial work is done.
- n. An educational seminar or series of meetings emphasizing interaction and exchange of information among a usually small number of participants: a creative writing workshop.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small room where things are manufactured, or light industrial work is done
- n. A brief intensive course of education for a small group; emphasizes interaction and practical problem solving
- n. An academic conference
- v. To help a playwright revise a draft of (a play) by rehearsing it with actors and critiquing the results.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shop where any manufacture or handiwork is carried on.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shop or building where a workman, mechanic, or artificer, or a number of such, carry on their work; a place where any work or handicraft is carried on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a brief intensive course for a small group; emphasizes problem solving
- n. small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
Sorry, no etymologies found.