from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place, such as an office or factory, where people are employed.
- n. The work setting in general: "one of the last male bastions of the American workplace” ( Wall Street Journal).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The place where someone works.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place where work is done; a place or structure in which people work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a place where work is done
Sorry, no etymologies found.