from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The right to fish in waters owned by another.
- n. A fishery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fishery
- n. The right or privilege of fishing in somebody else's waters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The right or privilege of fishing in another man's waters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, the right or privilege of fishing in another man's waters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workplace where fish are caught and processed and sold
From Middle English piscaries, fishing rights, from Medieval Latin piscāria, from Latin, neuter pl. of piscārius, of fish, from piscis, fish. Sense 2, Medieval Latin piscārium : Latin piscis, fish + Latin -ārium, -arium.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin piscarius relating to fishes or to fishing, from piscis a fish. (Wiktionary)