from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An establishment where dairy products are prepared or sold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where dairy products are prepared or sold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place where butter and cheese are made, or where milk and cream are put up in cans for market.
- n. A place or apparatus in which milk is set for raising cream.
- n. An establishment where cream is sold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An establishment, usually a joint-stock concern, in which milk obtained from a number of producers is manufactured into butter and cheese.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workplace where dairy products (butter and cheese etc.) are produced or sold
Sorry, no etymologies found.