American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An establishment where dairy products are prepared or sold.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An establishment, usually a joint-stock concern, in which milk obtained from a number of producers is manufactured into butter and cheese.
- n. A place where dairy products are prepared or sold.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A place where butter and cheese are made, or where milk and cream are put up in cans for market.
- n. A place or apparatus in which milk is set for raising cream.
- n. An establishment where cream is sold.
- n. a workplace where dairy products (butter and cheese etc.) are produced or sold
“He will not have to look far, for practically every farm in the eastern part of the State is within easy shipping distance of an already organized creamery, that is properly financed and on its feet, and that has already passed through that uneasy, experimental stage that all new creameries pass through.”
“This is an outpost of the original creamery, which is down the road.”
“The creamery, which is owned by First Milk, the UK's largest farmer-owned co-operative, lifted the top prize in the highly prized extra mature category at the show.”
“There was usually a rump steak and potatoes, bread and "creamery" butterine, and the inevitable New England doughnuts.”
“creamery" butterine, and the inevitable New England doughnuts.”
“- ij 111 1 amendea. seventeen 01 the acts or the year eighteen hundred and eighty-six is hereby amended by inserting in the ninth line, after the word "creamery", the words: — or the name of any breed of dairy cattle, — so as to read as fol - lows: — Section 3.”
“Dinner at the local sushi restaurant isn't complete without dessert at this fabulous creamery!”
“When we first began to stay regularly on the island a dozen years ago, 30 dairy farms flourished and sent their milk to the island creamery.”
“The creamery has closed, its 19 workers have lost their jobs, the milk leaves by tanker for the mainland, and cheese labelled "Isle of Bute" is no longer stacked on supermarket shelves.”
“When I was first introduced to cake batter ice cream from cold stone creamery I truly thought the flavor was pure genius.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘creamery’.
just the next words that come along
2007 Scripps National Spelling Bee Round 2
Looking for tweets for creamery.