from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an evergreen tree, of the genus Macadamia, native to Australia and cultivated in Hawaii
- n. the fruit of this tree; the macadamia nut
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any tree of the genus Macadamia, especially Macadamia ternifolia.
- n. A macadamia nut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of dicotyledonous apetalous plants belonging to the natural order Proteaceæ and the tribe Grevilleeæ, characterized by having two pendulous ovules, seeds with unequal and fleshy cotyledons, anthers on short filaments inserted a little below the laminæ, and a ring-like four-lobed or four-parted disk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any tree of the genus Macadamia
Sorry, no etymologies found.