from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the tribe Crotoneae — many Asiatic shrubs, the source of croton oil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of euphorbiaceous plants belonging to tropical countries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of cuphorbiaceous plants, comprising about 500 species, natives of warm and especially of tropical regions, many of which possess important medicinal properties.
- n. A foliage-plant of the genus Codiæum: so named by florists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. grown in many varieties for their brightly colored foliage; widely cultivated as a houseplant
- n. tropical Asiatic shrub; source of croton oil
Sorry, no etymologies found.