from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yard where ships are built or repaired.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where ships are built and repaired.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A yard, place, or inclosure where ships are built or repaired.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A yard or piece of ground near the water in which ships or vessels are constructed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workplace where ships are built or repaired
Sorry, no etymologies found.