from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plant where timber is sawed into boards.
- n. A large machine for sawing lumber.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A machine, building or company used for cutting (milling) lumber.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mill for sawing, especially one for sawing timber or lumber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mill, driven by water or steam, for sawing timber into boards, planks, etc., suitable for building and other purposes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mill for dressing logs and lumber
- n. a large sawing machine
Sorry, no etymologies found.