from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area, often bordering a body of water, with facilities for building, repairing, or dry-docking ships.
- n. Chiefly British A navy yard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where ships are repaired or outfitted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A yard or storage place for all sorts of naval stores and timber for shipbuilding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A yard or magazine near a harbor, for containing all kinds of naval stores and timber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an establishment on the waterfront where vessels are built or fitted out or repaired
dock + yard (Wiktionary)