from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A building, room, or office in which a business firm carries on operations such as accounting and correspondence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an office used by a business to house its accounts department
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The house or room in which a merchant, trader, or manufacturer keeps his books and transacts business; the offices used by the accountants of a business.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A building or office appropriated to the bookkeeping, correspondence, business transactions, etc., of a mercantile or manufacturing establishment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. office used by the accountants of a business
Sorry, no etymologies found.