from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A closed glass vessel containing a desiccant (such as silica gel) used in laboratories for drying materials or for keeping them dry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, desiccates.
- n. A short glass jar fitted with an air-tight cover, and containing some desiccating agent, as sulphuric acid, phosphorus pentoxide, or calcium chloride, above which is supported on a perforated platform the material to be dried, or preserved from moisture.
- n. A machine or apparatus for drying fruit, milk, etc., usually by the aid of heat; an evaporator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which desiccates or dries.
- n. Same as exsiccator.
Sorry, no etymologies found.