from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of equipment used to evaporate the solvent from a solution
- n. The part of a refrigerator that absorbs heat by evaporating a refrigerant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An apparatus for condensing vegetable juices, or for drying fruit by heat.
- n. Any device designed to evaporate a fluid.
- n. The portion of a refrigeration system in which the refrigerant evaporates and thus absorbs heat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any apparatus used to facilitate the evaporation of the water contained in fruit, vegetable juices, saline liquids, glue, syrups, etc.; a furnace or pan used in condensing vegetable and other juices.
- n. A device for evaporating water into steam.
- n. A device, used in connection with gasolene-engines, to transform the liquid hydrocarbon into a gas or vapor by heat or by fine subdivision in a current of air.
Sorry, no etymologies found.