from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science and technology of electronics and the development of electronic devices as applied to aeronautics and astronautics: Avionics has become even more important with the development of the space program.
- n. The electronic systems, equipment, and other devices so developed: The avionics on this spacecraft represent a new generation of sophistication.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science and technology of the development and use of electrical and electronic devices in aviation.
- n. The devices used in avionics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. science and technology of electronic systems and devices for aeronautics and astronautics
avi(ation) + (electr)onics.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of aviation and electronics (Wiktionary)