from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A system to develop or improve the memory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of mnemonic.
- n. The study of techniques for remembering anything more easily.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of memory; a method for improving the memory; a system of precepts and rules intended to assist the memory; artificial memory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of improving or developing memory; a system of precepts and rules intended to assist or improve the memory. Also mnemonic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a method or system for improving the memory
From Ancient Greek μνημονικά ("mnemonics"), plural of μνημονικόν ("mnemonics"), neuter of μνημονικός ("mnemonic"); see mnemonic. (Wiktionary)