from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The design and construction of aircraft.
- n. The theory and practice of aircraft navigation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The design, construction, mathematics and mechanics of aircraft and other flying objects
- n. The theory and practice of aircraft navigation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science or art of ascending and sailing in the air, as by means of a balloon; aërial navigation; ballooning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine, science, or art of floating in the air, or of aërial navigation, as by means of a balloon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the theory and practice of navigation through air or space
From French aéronautique. (Wiktionary)