from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Aerial navigation; the art of raising and guiding balloons in the air.
- n. The science of weighing air; aerostatics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of aëronautics that deals with passive balloons; the art of raising and guiding balloons in the air.
- n. The science of weighing air; aërostatics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or practice of aërial navigation; the science of raising, suspending, and guiding machines in the air, or of ascending in balloons.
- n. The science of aërostatics.
Compare French aérostation, the art of using aerostats. (Wiktionary)