from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A system for scheduled air transport of passengers and freight.
- n. A business providing a system of scheduled air transport. Also called airway.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A company that flies airplanes to transport people and goods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- an organization, usually commercial or governmental, providing transportation by airplane for freight or passengers. The term includes the organization, its personnel, equipment and other properties, such as approved air routes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commercial enterprise that provides scheduled flights for passengers
- n. a hose that carries air under pressure
From air + line (Wiktionary)