American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A system for scheduled air transport of passengers and freight.
- n. A business providing a system of scheduled air transport. Also called airway.
GNU Webster's 1913
- an organization, usually commercial or governmental, providing transportation by airplane for freight or passengers. The term includes the organization, its personnel, equipment and other properties, such as approved air routes.
- n. a commercial enterprise that provides scheduled flights for passengers
- n. a hose that carries air under pressure
- From air + line (Wiktionary)
“One peeve: dealing with what he calls "airline nonsense"—long lines, rising fees and canceled flights.”
“Additionally its Airbus A380 fleet was to be reconfigured to meet the changing demands of what he described as the airline's international customers.”
“Delta Air Lines Tuesday for what he called the airline's "unilateral partnership" with the region.”
“Experience in airline operations and customer service and knowledge of foreign languages are helpful but not required. 703-572-7350, email@example.com.”
“So the Mexican airline is going to ask to see the documents that will get you admitted to Canada prior to letting you board.”
“So long as an airline is profitable and safe, it is successful.”
“Baldanza, who was COO of Latin American airline Taca and a member of Denver-based Frontier Airlines 'board in the late 1990s, says labor-management disputes are typical of any company.”
“Under Cho's tutelage, Korean Air has shed its image of being an accident-prone airline from a developing nation to become the largest Asian carrier operating in the USA.”
“Bill McGee, a contributing editor to Consumer Reports and the former editor of Consumer Reports Travel Letter, is an FAA-licensed aircraft dispatcher who worked in airline operations and management for several years.”
“Sabelli said he was "moderately satisfied" with the progress so far, noting that the long loss-making airline is burning cash at a lesser rate and is making progress toward its goal of earning a profit within three years.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘airline’.
Very basic words for ESL students.
...less often elsewhere.
Looking for tweets for airline.