from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who supplies a means of subsistence: parents who were good providers.
- n. One that makes something, such as a service, available: primary health care providers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, provides a service, commodity, or the means for subsistence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who provides, furnishes, or supplies; one who procures what is wanted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who provides, furnishes, or supplies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose business is to supply a particular service or commodity
- n. someone who provides the means for subsistence
to provide + -er (Wiktionary)