from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that produces, especially a person or organization that produces goods or services for sale.
- n. One who supervises and controls the finances, creation, and public presentation of a play, film, program, or similar work.
- n. A furnace that manufactures producer gas.
- n. Ecology A photosynthetic green plant or chemosynthetic bacterium, constituting the first trophic level in a food chain; an autotrophic organism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An individual or organization that creates goods and services.
- n. One who produces an artistic production like a CD, a theater production, a film, a TV program and so on.
- n. An organism that produces complex organic compounds from simple molecules and an external source of energy.
- n. An arrest for speeding after which the driver is allowed seven days in which to produce his/her driving licence and related documents at a police station.
- n. A furnace for producing combustible gas for fuel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who produces, brings forth, or generates.
- n. One who grows agricultural products, or manufactures crude materials into articles of use.
- n. A furnace for producing combustible gas which is used for fuel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which produces or generates: as, an agricultural producer (fanner); a gas-producer (apparatus); specifically, in political economics, one who causes any article to have an exchangeable value: the opposite of consumer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who manufactures something
- n. someone who finds financing for and supervises the making and presentation of a show (play or film or program or similar work)
- n. something that produces
Sorry, no etymologies found.