from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that produces designs: a book designer; a dress designer.
- adj. Bearing the name, signature, or identifying pattern of a specific designer: designer luggage; designer clothing.
- adj. Conceived or created by a designer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who designs, as profession.
- adj. Created by a designer, especially a fashion designer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who designs, marks out, or plans; a contriver.
- n. One who produces or creates original works of art or decoration.
- n. A plotter; a schemer; -- used in a bad sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who designs, plans, or plots; one who frames a scheme or project; a contriver.
- n. In manufacturing and the fine arts, one who conceives or forms a design of any kind, including designs for decorative work; one who invents or arranges motives and patterns for ornamental or artistic purposes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who specializes in designing architectural interiors and their furnishings
- n. someone who designs clothing
- n. someone who specializes in graphic design
- n. a person who devises plots or intrigues
- n. someone who creates plans to be used in making something (such as buildings)
to design + -er (Wiktionary)