American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that builds, especially a person who contracts for and supervises the construction of a building.
- n. An abrasive or filler used in a soap or detergent.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who builds, or whose occupation is that of building; specifically, one who controls or directs the work of construction in any capacity.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who builds; one whose occupation is to build, as a carpenter, a shipwright, or a mason.
- n. someone who contracts for and supervises construction (as of a building)
- n. a substance added to soaps or detergents to increase their cleansing action
- n. a person who creates a business or who organizes and develops a country
“Brett Pritchard, the owner and builder, is selling a contemporary home built in 2006 on 8 acres, featuring a scenic view.”
“There seems to be something of an industry in builder suits.”
“Using Google's display ad builder is just a smoother process.”
“If it's a hard hat crowd, they probably are not protesting the building of the bunker, but the fact that the builder is not using union labor.”
“Any skill builder is to be used only when the child has sufficient practice/mastery in that area to move on.”
“Additionally if I have a problem the builder is nearby to assist with sorting out the difficulty.”
“The robot destroys himself to save the crew and his saddenned human builder is told, you can always build another one.”
“The original builder is long gone and the new builder is the patron's son-in-law.”
“Display ad builder is a tool that lets you create and customize display ads, allowing you to easily expand your AdWords campaigns beyond text advertising.”
“The display ad builder is available now to all advertisers in the U.S. and Canada.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘builder’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for builder.