from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes brass articles.
- n. A metal pan for holding burning coals or charcoal.
- n. A cooking device consisting of a charcoal or electric heating source over which food is grilled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An upright standing or hanging metal bowl used for holding burning coal for a source of light or heat.
- n. A worker in brass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as brasier.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An artificer who works in brass.
- n. An open pan for burning charcoal, used especially for heating rooms in southern and eastern countries, such as Italy, China, Japan, etc.
- n. A name used on the northern coast of Ireland for the common sea-bream, pagellus centrodontus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large metal container in which coal or charcoal is burned; warms people who must stay outside for long times
Middle English brasier, from bras, brass; see brass.
French brasier, from braise, hot coals; see braise.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French brasier, from braise live coals. See brass. (Wiktionary)