from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A covered kettle with a spout and handle, used for boiling water, as for tea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vessel for boiling water for tea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kettle in which water is boiled for making tea, coffee, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A portable kettle with spout and handle, in which to boil water for making tea and for other uses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. kettle for boiling water to make tea
Sorry, no etymologies found.