from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Music Pitched higher or lower than the correct notes of a melody.
- adj. Being out of accord with what is considered normal or appropriate: a high-flown, off-key speech by a newcomer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. pitched inaccurately either above or below the correct note
- adj. not harmonious, or out of accord
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Deviating from the proper pitch; -- of a musical note or series of notes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inaccurate in pitch
Sorry, no etymologies found.