from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of night bird.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Manx shearwater (Puffinus Anglorum).
- n. A person who likes to be active late at night; a night owl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bird that flies by night; especially, an owl; in the following quotation, the night-heron.
- n. A bird that sings by night; specifically, the nightingale.
- n. The Manx shearwater, Puffinus anglorum.
- n. The gallinule of Europe, Gallinula chloropus.
- n. One who stays out late at night, or works chiefly by night.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any bird associated with night: owl; nightingale; nighthawk; etc
- n. a person who likes to be active late at night
Sorry, no etymologies found.