from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Filled or wet with tears: teary eyes.
- adj. Of or resembling tears.
- adj. Causing weeping: a teary movie; a teary goodbye.
- adj. Inclined to weep: He becomes teary when he reminisces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person, having eyes filled with tears; inclined to cry.
- adj. Of eyes, filled with tears.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wet with tears; tearful.
- adj. Consisting of tears, or drops like tears.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of tears; wet with tears; tearful.
- Falling in drops like tears.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. with eyes full of tears
tear + -y (Wiktionary)