from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by bathos. See Synonyms at sentimental.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by or pertaining to bathos.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the character of bathos.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or characterized by bathos; sinking rhetorically, or in style.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. effusively or insincerely emotional
Probably blend of bathos and pathetic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)