from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Similar to a dove.
- adj. Similar to that of a dove; as, a dovelike wing, a dovelike glance, dovelike eyes.
- adj. Peaceful; innocent; pacifist.
- adv. In a manner similar to a dove; as, to "dovelike, sit brooding on the vast abyss" (Milton)
- adv. As much so as those of a dove; as, "Phoebe's eyes Dovelike mild" (Montanus)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mild as a dove; gentle; pure and lovable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the appearance or qualities of a dove; gentle.
dove + -like (Wiktionary)