American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Free of blame or guilt; innocent.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not meriting blame or censure; without fault; undeserving of reproof; innocent; guiltless: as, “the blameless Indians,”
- Synonyms Faultless, irreproachable, unimpeachable, unsullied, spotless, stainless, unblemished.
- adj. Free from blame; without fault; innocent; guiltless.
- adj. Not meriting blame or censure; undeserving of reproof.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Free from blame; without fault; innocent; guiltless; -- sometimes followed by
- adj. free of guilt; not subject to blame
- blame + -less (Wiktionary)
“There were other siblings involved but they will remain blameless as they [...]”
“The one action for which I cannot hold Administration officials blameless is their distortion of intelligence estimates when making the public case for going to war.”
“There were other siblings involved but they will remain blameless as they were just being nice.”
“How can you take pleasure, whenever it is possible, in casting such slurs upon a woman, whom but yesterday you called blameless, charming, peerless?”
“My position isn't that GRRM is 'blameless' - on the contrary I have said several times the PR/communication side of things could have been better-handled - but that the decisions taken each step of the way have generally been taken for the best of reasons.”
““I hate to disappoint you, but the lady seems to have led what used to be called a blameless existence.””
“That was what Mrs. Bunting was always debating fitfully with herself; and, what was more, and very terribly, to the point, having altered, why should he not in time go back to what he evidently had been -- that is, a blameless, quiet gentleman?”
“Flight attendant behavior: Flight attendants are far from "blameless," of course.”
“If a "blameless" man can suddenly lose his home, wealth, health and family, then none of us is safe.”
““Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, said yesterday that European plans to regulate the financial services sector threatened to drive hedge funds out of London and Europe, even though they were "blameless" for the crisis””
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blameless’.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
More popular books often have shorter titles. Here is a list of one word book titles
Words ending with *more or *less, more or less. Many of theses terms also appear on the list The -less Said, which see.
Looking for tweets for blameless.