from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Standing erect or upright.
- adj. Morally upright; honest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. honest; reputable; respectable
- adj. standing up
- v. Present participle of upstand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having an erect and vigorous body.
- Standing well up from the ground; having comparatively long legs and an erect carriage: said of horses, pigeons, and other domesticated animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. meriting respect or esteem
From up- + standing. (Wiktionary)
From upstand. (Wiktionary)