from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Deserving of often limited praise or commendation: The student made a creditable effort on the essay.
- adj. Worthy of belief: a creditable story.
- adj. Deserving of commercial credit; creditworthy: a creditable customer.
- adj. That can be assigned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Credible or believable.
- adj. That brings credit or honour; respectable.
- adj. That can be assigned; assignable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Worthy of belief.
- adj. Deserving or possessing reputation or esteem; reputable; estimable.
- adj. Bringing credit, reputation, or honor; honorable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Worthy of credit or belief; credible.
- Reputable; bringing credit, honor, reputation, or esteem; respectable; of good report.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. worthy of often limited commendation
From credit + -able. (Wiktionary)