from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Affording advantage; beneficial. See Synonyms at beneficial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being of advantage; conferring advantage; gainful; profitable; useful; beneficial; as, an advantageous position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being of advantage; conferring advantage; gainful; profitable; useful; beneficial
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity to gain benefit; gainful; profitable; useful; beneficial: as, an advantageous position of the troops; trade is advantageous to a nation.
- Synonyms Helpful, serviceable, favorable, remunerative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. giving an advantage
- adj. appropriate for achieving a particular end; implies a lack of concern for fairness
advantage + -ous or from Middle French avantageus (French avantageux). See advantage. (Wiktionary)