from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Admirably suited; apt: a felicitous comparison.
- adj. Exhibiting an agreeably appropriate manner or style: a felicitous writer.
- adj. Marked by happiness or good fortune: a felicitous life.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. fitting; happening at the right time.
- adj. Working out well.
- adj. Semantically and pragmatically coherent, fitting in the context.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by felicity; happy; prosperous; delightful; skillful; successful; happily applied or expressed; appropriate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by or conferring happiness or pleasure; highly pleasing.
- Well-chosen; appropriate: as, a felicitous manner; a felicitous situation; afelicitous reply.
- Synonyms Fortunate, etc. (see happy); apt, pertinent, opportune, well-put.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exhibiting an agreeably appropriate manner or style
- adj. marked by good fortune
From Latin felicitās ("luck"), from Latin felix ("lucky"). (Wiktionary)