from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having self-contradictory properties.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of a paradox.
- adj. Inclined to paradoxes, or to tenets or notions contrary to received opinions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of a paradox; characterized by paradoxes; apparently absurd, yet true.
- Inclined to paradox or to tenets or notions contrary to received opinions: applied to persons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. seemingly contradictory but nonetheless possibly true
Sorry, no etymologies found.