from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unlikely to take place or be true.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not likely to be true.
- adj. Not likely to happen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not probable; unlikely to be true; not to be expected under the circumstances or in the usual course of events.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not probable; not likely to be true; not to be expected under the circumstances of the case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a probability too low to inspire belief
- adj. too improbable to admit of belief
- adj. not likely to be true or to occur or to have occurred
Sorry, no etymologies found.