from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Difficult to believe; not plausible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not plausible; unlikely; dubious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not plausible; not wearing the appearance of truth or credibility, and not likely to be believed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not plausible; not having the appearance of truth or credibility; of dubious aspect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a quality that provokes disbelief
- adj. highly imaginative but unlikely
Sorry, no etymologies found.