from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not conclusive: inconclusive evidence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not conclusive, not leading to a conclusion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not conclusive; leading to no conclusion; not closing or settling a point in debate, or a doubtful question.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not conclusive in evidence or argument; not leading to a determination or conclusion; not decisive or convincing; indeterminate.
- Not conclusive in action; reaching no definite conclusion or result; producing no conclusive effect; ineffective; inefficient: as, inconclusive experiments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not conclusive; not putting an end to doubt or question
Sorry, no etymologies found.