from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking meaning; senseless.
- adj. Ineffectual: pointless attempts to rescue the victims of the raging fire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no point or sharp tip; terminating squarely or in a rounded end.
- adj. Having no prominent or important feature, as of an argument, discourse, etc.
- adj. Having no purpose; purposeless; unable to effect an aim.
- adj. Without points.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no point; blunt; wanting keenness; obtuse
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no point; terminating squarely or in a rounded end.
- Without point or force: as, a pointless joke.
- In botany, same as muticous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being
- adj. not having a point especially a sharp point
point + -less (Wiktionary)