American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Shaped into the form of circle or sphere; made round.
- adj. Linguistics Pronounced with the lips shaped ovally; labialized.
- adj. Complete; balanced: a rounded meal.
- v. past tense of "to round"
- adj. Made into a circle or sphere.
- adj. Complete or balanced.
- adj. mathematics Describing a number that has been changed to its nearest desired value.
- adj. botany Ending in a broad arch.
- adj. linguistics, of a vowel Pronounced with the lips drawn together; see rounded vowel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Phonetics) Modified by contraction of the lip opening; labialized; labial. See
Guide to Pronunciation, § 11.
- adj. curving and somewhat round in shape rather than jagged
“Wicked Lovely, aside from being better written and more well rounded, is nothing like Twilight.”
“Chinese also have them in rounded ball form in hotpots and things. dawn Oct 8 now this is fun.”
“Texting, you see, is not done in rounded, sonorous sentences like those I endeavour to produce for you, my dear readers, on a weekly basis.”
“The sellout crowd of 54,279 roared as the captain rounded the bases after his opposite-field drive to right, and cheered even louder when he came out of the dugout for a curtain call.”
“Archer Farms cereals are now sold in rounded "streamlined" cereal boxes without the need for an inner plastic bag holding the cereal.”
“Henrik Sedin rounded out the scoring on a power play with 6: 43 left, and Luongo finished with 30 saves.”
“In Mullah Omar's latest message he again rounded on President Hamid Karzai:”
“Rilla was standing by herself, but Una Meredith came to her and the two girls who loved him most stood together and held each other's cold hands as the train rounded the curve of the wooded hill.”
“The valley itself, rich and wooded, with the little river running its course, marked by a thick embowering of trees; the hills that enclosed the valley taking every form of beauty, sometimes wild and sometimes tame, heathery and barren, rough and rocky, and again rounded and soft.”
“But one does not comprehend the cold, calm delivery, in rounded, polished sentences, of a prepared oration, which consists of the sharpest and most virulent abuse, which does not seem to rush from the midst of a white heat of passion, but to ooze out of an accumulated mass of ill-humour and dislike.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rounded’.
words for shape
( randomness, visual. descriptive )
All words of the poem
by Gerard Nolst Trenité
Dearest creature in creation,
Study English pronunciation.
I will teach you in my verse <...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Looking for tweets for rounded.