from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of vault.
- adj. Of a ceiling supported by arches, introduced in the Gothic style.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Arched; concave.
- adj. Covered with an arch, or vault.
- adj. Arched like the roof of the mouth, as the upper lip of many ringent flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Arched; concave: as, a vaulted roof.
- Covered with an arch or vault.
- Provided with vaults or underground passages.
- In botany, arched like the roof of the mouth, as the upper lip of many ringent flowers.
- In zoology, notably arched or convex, as a shell, or the beak of a bird; fornicated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a hemispherical vault or dome
Sorry, no etymologies found.